keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 17, 2016

heaven

I was fine until I wasn't. A virus can do that. One minute you're exchanging pleasantries with someone, the next minute you can barely speak. So when the doctor sent me home with a Z-pack and instructions to get in bed and rest, I didn't argue.

Five days later, I fluffed the pillows after a long shower, smoothed the sheets, and crawled back under the covers, Pandora tuned to jazzy piano; I felt more alert and got lost in the pages of a lush magazine that kept me warm for hours. I stuck post-its in several places along the read, will remember without a reminder many of the thoughts shared in the passages, this being one of them: I had a dream the other night. I was flying through the sky with a good friend who passed away. We looked down and she said, “That's heaven”.

Heaven truly is right here on earth, to be enjoyed and appreciated right now. I don't know what the heaven above will hold, hope to not know for a very long time so I’m going to follow the message I posted as a New Year's greeting -- live life more, live life well. To that I shall add live life heavenly and...

keep your peepers open!®

...for Happinez magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment