keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 10, 2016

imminent

Yesterday, I dressed to go for a walk trusting the forecast on my weather APP which has been dead on each time I used it; a snowy rain was predicted for later in the April morning. I peeked between the blinds just after I pulled on my hat -- it was raining! Immediate disappointment washed over me as I was ready to hit the pavement for two reasons. First, I had been up for a couple of hours working on an idea that in the wee hours I had asked my Higher Powers to make clear for me. My energy was cranked up, a walk was imminent. Second, I was so not in the mood to get on the treadmill as I so was craving the stimulation of fresh air. Wanting to maintain my March undertaking of walking at least 10,000 steps 4-5 mornings a week, I stepped on and began, using the TV as a distraction. At 22 minutes, I thought I’d been walking for more than 30, so I stepped off rushing over to the window hoping the rain had subsided to maybe a sprinkle. Thankfully, it had. I hurriedly redressed, grabbed a small umbrella and out the door I went into the chill selecting an abbreviated route in order to beat the next downpour which was imminent. Halfway through, it did begin to rain, a light to medium mix that I was fine with. It stopped after awhile, the sun sort of came out, I kept it moving even taking a few pictures and was quite pleased because I had arrived at a new place of commitment with myself -- I don’t head out to walk when it’s raining, this was a first (was that a pep in my step or am I quickening my pace because in the distance the sky is a seriously threatening dark bluish gray that is heading my way?). 


At the end of my morning outings, I stop on the front steps to stretch before I go inside; a huge gust of wind urged the door shut as the sudden rush of raindrops and fat sloppy flakes poured down outside.  

Some gifts are not obviously imminent. These are the ones that are earned, the subtle rewards for going off course, understood if you…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment