keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

slush fun

I’m not a huge drinker though I love a good cocktail on occasion especially as the weather turns warmer. When I do indulge on a really hot day, my preference more often than not is something light, refreshing and ever so slightly sweet. I giddily consumed a delicious beverage meeting that description during a lunch date a few weeks ago; on first sip, knew I would try to make it at home. My slushy fun version is in no way, shape or vision like what I drank at the restaurant, however it does use some of the same ingredients. It's my perfect tonic for the heat ahead!

Melo Slush
2 C frozen cubed sweet watermelon
1/2 - 3/4 C sweetened lemonade (fresh, no concentrate)
2 splashes vodka

Put all ingredients in blender; blend until slushy (do not over blend or it will liquify), pour into a glass, garnish with whatever you choose if you so desire (I’ve used a slice of cucumber), pop in a straw, swig slowly to avoid a brain freeze and…

keep your peepers open!®


No comments:

Post a Comment