keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 24, 2016

prince

a human being, 
a true human being, 
is enough to make 
the whole world rejoice. 
    - thich nhat hanh

And rejoice we will despite the total shock, disbelief and heart felt grief we are collectively and individually experiencing knowing that Prince is no longer physically living, though he will continue to live through his music, our memories. I’m just happy to have been witness to a live performance. 

I’ve been a huge Prince admirer from the moment he appeared on the scene so I am really sad about this passing, for me this one is hard to take. Maybe because I identify with his uniqueness, his shyness that changed to hypnotic authentic expression once he took the stage, his savvy style, his creative confidence, his mischievous yet so damn sexy smile. A swag that cannot, will never be imitated, it really is unbelievable that he is no longer moving amongst us. 

Like the masses, I’ve been singing and swiveling my hips as I blasted Prince in tribute. My collection of his songbook started with vinyl, graduated to cassettes, then finally to CD’s; freaked out the other day when I realized I did not have Diamonds & Pearls or Sign O the Times on CD’s so hopped online and was fortunate enough to get them! My hope is that those who are only familiar with the music that is getting repeated air time in quickly pieced together montages will take a journey through his catalog. It’s a trip you will not regret.

A true human, the universal celebration continues…only the beautiful ones can cause that to happen. Makes me wonder why it always seems to take a tragedy to unite us…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment