keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

oh snap

Love when I find something unusual to photograph when I’m out and about or taking my morning walk. Yesterday, I was doing my last fast walk before I slow the pace down to head in and almost missed the street art. Was it the bright red against the pale background that called to me or the face I thought I saw. Turns out it was both. 

I stood on the sidewalk marveling at the concrete canvas, created by tire treads and perhaps spray paint, felt lucky to have responded to the voice that told me to go back. Snapped a couple of shots, stood there even longer waiting for the face beneath my feet to say something; the message would come later during the upload. Before me was a portrait painted haphazardly by more than one hand so it was devoid of real thought, flat without the ability to rise up, and the worse thing was the look of exhausted defeat as it seemed to sigh. Oh snap...  

The start of my week did not go as planned in fact, it was so far off expectation that I allowed myself to let lose of calm reverting to an old way of handling a crisis. While I’d like to say that the outbursts gave me some relief, they did not; the loss of energy was palpable. The snapshot captured during a meditative walk was that of a sidewalk schizophrenic clown, served as a reminder to hold onto self, onto practice when presented with unexpected emotional situations involving those closest to you. It also told me, “You’re human. Every now and again, even the most mindful in the bunch can lose it.”

So true, so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment