keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

tweetie bird sunshine

Yellow is a color that I rarely wear however, I was immediately smitten with a pair of canary Chuck’s when I saw them in a shoe store. One of many “fresh” colors on display, that yellow was so bright, happy, and summery, I broke out in a huge grin, though I ended up not buying them. For most of my adult life, I have not included sneakers in my fashion wardrobe; shoes with a rubber sole were for the gym or walking only. I secretly had a thing for red high tops so instead of getting myself a pair, when my niece turned one, I bought her some. A friend of mine bought me cute pink high tops on a whim which I only wore a few times before and after he passed away (yes, I still have them). If a guy showed up for a first date in some sneaks, a second date was not probable. Now before you judge me, please know that that was when I was much younger, back when sneakers were not so fashion forward.

After my hip surgery two years ago, I could not bend over for several months. It was necessary for me to be able to slide my feet into comfortable walking shoes for rehab sessions, so I ordered and subsequently fell in love with my black & white Vans. A year later, I finally bought some red Chuck’s that never fail to brighten my mood when on my tootsies! If you read the blog, you know that I began a new chapter in my work life this past March; casual chic is now my daily dress code so I purchased a pair of silver leather Van’s to add a bit of sophistication to both my professional and personal looks which brings me back to yellow. A more relaxed self has lifted me, lightened my spirits, unearthed a surge of fun that I’m basking in. It was no wonder that I responded to the brightness of those lemony sneakers in the mall and though left behind that day, weeks later I found myself online ordering a pair. 

Tweetie Bird sunshine on my feet, the first time I wore them, I got lots of compliments accompanied by quick exchanges and big smiles. Yellow does that. Fun does that. A happy spirit does that. Letting go does that. If you haven’t already, with summer right around the corner, it’s time to find something that makes you smile all over, so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment