keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, June 25, 2017

we march

On January 21, with camera in hand, I headed to the Women’s March in Washington DC capturing several moments that caught my eye, struck a nerve; I snapped and sent, making sure those I knew who could not attend were right there with me. One of them enthusiastically exclaimed that I must share the photographs with others because, bless her, she felt I had seriously captured the mood, sentiment, and electricity of the day in a series of shots presented via text messages in chronological order. For some reason, I did not share them, took more than a month before I posted them on my website www.tinascottlassiter.com.

Back in early May, I received or did I see on FB a call to submit photographs and other memorabilia from the March to be considered for an exhibit, “Who’s Looking Back?” which caught my attention. I knew I would submit, reviewed my portfolio, selected five and off they went.



When I arrived at the gallery, I walked into an intimate space, crowded with people looking at walls collaged with over 500 images taken by 100 photographers, one of them being me! I had to wade through chatting bodies to find my pictures, locating four out of five, trying my best to take pictures of my pictures as I squeezed into a spot where I could get the shot! 


It was an exhilarating experience being in a room packed with so much stimulation hitting me from all angles and suddenly I was right back on the Mall on January 21, bodies pressed together in unison for all.

It was oh so right at Gallery O on H this past Friday night for the opening reception. In case you missed, the exhibit will be up through July 28 so please stop by. Until then, below are a few of my photos that aren’t up on the wall, visit my site for more and as always…

keep your peepers open!®️








#womensmarch #womensmarchonwashington #exhibit #photography #whoslookingback #keepyourpeepersopen

No comments:

Post a Comment