keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 30, 2017

second slumber

There are mornings when I wish I was a late sleeper and this is one of those mornings! 

I do so love that I’m an early riser, that I’m awake and aware before the masses begin disturbing that sacred peace that is pre-dawn stillness. However, every now and then, particularly when I wake up at 2:30AM and don’t doze off again until 4:30AM or on the rare occasion when I’m out until a wee hour of the morning, I long to sleep straight through until the church bell in the distance rings in an hour when the sun is high in the sky. Today is one of those days; mind and body are up, don’t wish to be just yet and are warning me that if I don’t snuggle back into my pillow for a second slumber, it will feel like I'm climbing up a steep flight of stairs for the rest of the day!

So as that church bell in the distance sounds off the 8:00 hour, down I go to snooze until it’s Sunday afternoon... at least that's what I hope. Until then…

keep your peepers open!®

#whattimeisit #sundaymorningsnooze #secondslumber #weehours #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis #tinascottlassiter #wearewomenwriting #blogher


No comments:

Post a Comment