keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, October 22, 2017

frenzy

I admit that I am obsessed when it comes to jewelry! I’ve known for years of my addiction to acquiring baubles, bangles and beads however, the other night I moved into a whole other orbit. While on Pinterest, I came across a pair of Navajo Native American sterling silver with coral earrings that I decided to pin to my ethnic, tribal & unusual jewelry board. Just as I was about to hit save, I noticed that they had not been saved to very many boards. Were the beauties available? To my delight, they were on ebay; the current bid was low with a little over a day left so I jumped right on in! Nobody topped me for hours and when they did, I bid again and went to bed.

The next morning, there was no answer to my offer; I was far from feeling feel smug as I knew someone from the other 14 watchers would eventually pounce. I set an alarm on my phone to remind me when an hour was left, went on about my day, met someone for dinner, came home, climbed into bed and the countdown was on because while I was eating and chatting, I was outbid. Five minutes before bidding was over, someone topped the person who outbid me. Not only did I see that happening in real time, eBay alerted me via email which startled me since I was focused on watching the bids. My heart began to race, I could feel it beating out of my chest as my body temperature climbed. I logged in and prepared a bid, holding still until the one minute count down began. At 30 seconds, I clicked increase bid and was immediately outbid. WTH!?!? Now I was shaking, quickly tried to recover when something happened that kept me from getting in another bid! THIS WAS NOT HAPPENING!!!!!

I cold barely breathe as my heart jumped into my throat however I know the power of getting centered in the moment, which I did. The clock was at 3 seconds when everything worked and I entered the winning bid; it took me more than 10 minutes to bring my heart rate back to normal. I snuggled down under the covers feeling slightly unnerved by those moments of feeling like I had no control over myself, smiling because I conquered getting what I was after at a very reasonable cost since others who bid were not upping by more than $1 at a time, and wondering…just how many pairs of earrings does one girl need? 

I refused to answer that question as I turned out the lights and I’m still pleading the fifth, so don’t ask and…

keep your peepers open!®


#jewelryfanatic #earringsaremyfriend #breathe #obsession #addictedtothebling #blogher #wearewomenwriting #baublesbanglesbeads

No comments:

Post a Comment