keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 14, 2018

sunday gratitude

I’ve said many times that I do not make New Year’s resolutions and this year was no exception. However, my entire being told me that I needed some adjustments after a stressful end of the year and some well felt bumps from earlier in 2017 still bruising my bum. Though I never failed to spend quiet time each morning, somewhere along the passing days, my practice began to slip perhaps because my creative self kept pulling me to the table to work on collages; on the days when it did not, I found myself sleeping later than normal. Whether or not I care to admit it, I must confess that I believe I had slipped into a mild depression for awhile.

So…rather than resolutions, I will say that I decided to open myself to new opportunities, new light, new energy. I am savoring longer prayer, meditation and mindfulness time each morning, enjoying bedtime books and lattes. One morning, I found myself expanding my silent prayer, speaking words of gratitude for… the light of dawn in my eyes, the thoughts waking up in my mind, the music of morning whispering in my ears, the movement of rested limbs unfolding, the warm soft feel of down comforting my bare skin, the taste of sleep on my tongue, the scent of bedroom air tickling my nostrils, the feeling of love in my beating heart and as always, first and foremost the first breath I am given signaling that a new day of my life has begun. 

Great things are coming my way as I fearlessly pursuit what ignites my soul and I’m ready 2018 so…

keep your peepers open!®


#sundayvibe #sundaymusings #sundayflow #sundaythoughts #sundaygratitude #belifted #wearewomenwriting #blogher18 #womenwriting #blogpost #blogging #blogger #blogalicious #mindfulness #inthemoment #inspiration #motivation #selftaughtartist #photographer #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis 

No comments:

Post a Comment