keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 7, 2018

sunday share

Once a year, go somewhere you’ve never been before. - Dalai Lama

This message popped up in one of my readings a few days before the end of 2017. As I read the words that morning, I felt a tinge of sadness knowing that for the first time in several years, I had not really traveled anywhere.  In the next moment, my focus shifted. I picked up my journal and began to compose a list of the things I had done, the places I had gone, be they big or small. Silly things like mastering a fabulous selfie and swinging on a swing down at the new waterfront wharf to proud ones like completing 10 collaged images that speak to women’s issues and the book of nostalgic photographs I created as a gift for my Dad on Father’s Day. My list quickly filled the page and as I paused to review, out of nowhere came a note about celebrating a milestone birthday in good health. That one thing brought me to my knees, then lifted me. You see, I’d been struggling with starting a new decade of life since October. The thought of just how wonderful it was/is to be healthy, well and alive acknowledged on paper, scribed by my own hand was a revelation that told me I had reached a turning point.   

I shared my reflections with a few friends; one immediately responded by writing that whatever we achieve takes us somewhere we’ve never been…my point exactly.




May you go lots of somewheres in 2018, tickets optional, and wherever you go, remember to...

keep your peepers open!®


#sundayvibe #sundaymusings #sundayflow #belifted #wearewomenwriting #blogher18 #womenwriting #blogpost #blogging #blogger #blogalicious #mindfulness #inthemoment #inspiration #motivation #selftaughtartist #photographer #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis 

No comments:

Post a Comment