keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 8, 2018

staying open

I had the pleasure of spending yesterday with four of my girlfriends on the most glorious of days we’ve had here in DC for the past couple of weeks weather-wise. The trip up to Frederick,MD for a little culture, lunch, and light shopping followed by a wine tasting at Orchid Cellar Meadery and Winery, located 23 miles northwest of Frederick in Middletown, had been planned for our quarterly gathering for a few weeks; the unplanned and unexpected change in our local climate was a welcome summer blessing! 

I’m actually not a big wine drinker, however I remain open to new experiences hence the decision to add a wine tasting to our outing, though when we arrived, I almost sat it out. Glad I chose differently.

My palate was pleasantly surprised as mead wines (something I’ve not tasted before) are created by fermenting honey with water and other fruits, spices, grains and hops. Though I didn’t like them all (and we got to taste more than listed on the menu), I walked out into the brightest, clearest sun radiating its light from a cloudless azure sky over the green hills, the small vineyard, and me with a bottle of Cobbler which tastes like a ripe peach -- light, refreshing, summery, happy -- just like the day I spent with women I adore. 

I sit this Sunday morning sipping caramel crème brûlée green tea from Voila! In Frederick, a quaint little tea shop with 350 varieties, grateful for the great day spent with friends, open to where our next venture will take us and what it will reveal, so cheers and…

keep your peepers open!®


#sunday #sacredsunday #wearewomenwriting #womenwriting #blogpost #blogging #blogger #blogalicious #inthemoment #inspiration #mindfulness #reflection #girltime #greatday #voilainfrederick #orchidcellar #photographer #photography #keepyourpeepersopen #peepthis #stayopen

No comments:

Post a Comment