keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 7, 2019

floating


During my morning meditation and prayer, I found myself thanking my higher powers for keeping me on my feet rather than floating over several days when I had abandoned everything -- my morning walks, my promise to not eat sweets, fried food and take-out, my plan to redesign my website. In that moment of contemplating standing vs floating, I told myself that being erect was stronger than being on my back; in the next moment I saw myself floating in a body of water, actually felt the movement of being gently rocked. As I embraced the buoyancy of floating, I felt comfortably supported; the float easy, reassuring, and non-judgmental.

When I finally opened my eyes to journal this experience, I made notes about the metaphoric use of the words treading water, sinking, or drowning to describe those days when it feels like we’re out of sync with “the plan” and are going under. My quiet time revealed that during these moments, our spirit is in need of a boost; strength is regained if we allow ourselves to go with the flow rather than struggle against it even when the moments turn into days. 

So here’s how I translated what passed through my soul that morning…Floating is a metaphor for an interruption in the plan where we move across an energy shift in order to “walk out of the water” with a fresh perspective. I’ll leave you to ponder the thought and hope you will…

keep your peepers open!


#sunday #sacredsunday #blogpost #blogging #blogger #photographer #photography #photograph #outdoorphotography #water #floating #metaphors #inthemoment #keepyourpeepersopen

No comments:

Post a Comment