keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 14, 2019

grieving possibility

I received a phone call this past week; the intention was to catch up however when I asked “how are you doing?” I heard the hesitant catch in her voice, the sudden carefulness as she spoke. When I quietly said, “you can tell me whatever it is,” I caught the sob that brought me back to moments that I know oh too well.

Hearing that the someone who she knew was “the one” had passed away opened a place in my heart that holds memories of the person who showed me how being loved, being in love is supposed to feel, reminded me that every now and again, I feel a sadness for the possibility of what could have been if he was still alive. After listening, I shared what I know is grieving the possibility, what it means, how to manage it, does it ever go away. That talking about what we thought was going to happen, how we planned for that life is okay for awhile; eventually we must let possibilites give way to the reality of the lovely memories we're left with, let go of the what if’s, for they will never be, and hold onto the gift this person gave us. That gift is the understanding in our heart, mind, and soul of what real love feels like, the kind that reaches way down into you and changes your life forever.

Never settle, so...

keep your peepers open!

ps...it's okay to experience grieving the possibilities when they arise, we just cannot allow the thoughts to consume and keep us from enjoying a beautiful relationship with someone else or living life period.


#sunday #sacredsunday #blogpost #blogging #blogger #photographer #photography #photograph #outdoorphotography #grief #grieving #keepyourpeepersopen

No comments:

Post a Comment