keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

BFOC

I was under Jasper’s hood the other day and once again stared in awe at his parts…ah, such an intricate piece of art is he. An abstract composed of a fat accordion gray rubber tube, a plate of cylindrical metal with a screw on top, plastic bottles one filled with blue liquid the other with a chartreuse concoction, several black wires of all shapes and sizes, a thick silver pipe. Engine construction at its best, Jasper is my car. He is an older foreign gentleman whose anatomy I am still exploring. You see I have never found anything appealing about being a damsel in distress on the side of the road particularly these days when there are just too many ill intended folks out there. I have always been able to change a tire, oil, various fluids. Until recently, it didn’t take much to keep Jasper humming but now that he needs more attention, I am a bit perplexed. And that’s why I am happy to have a BFOC (boy friend on call) until I get unperplexed (if that’s a word).

My BFF has a fab guy who not only looks out for her but keeps his peepers open when it comes to her friends. He guided me through my search for a vintage car; took us out to check over the first one I found (he gave it a thumbs down); stopped by to take a look at the tires after I had a flat last week and told my BFF just what I needed to do then offered to take me to do it…he just does these things w/o being asked. I am most fortunate to have a BFOC and a BFF who is also a BFOC (best friend on call). She like he comes to my aid without a second thought (love them both). She owns one of Jasper’s relatives who is older than my man. Both of them are beautiful specimens of artistic construction from front to back, inside and out and up under their respective hoods, they’re just built like that. I’m not sure I ever really appreciated the art form that is car design until I took a good look at Jasper’s engine and swooned at his masterful chest. I must admit I am still quite impressed with his handsome masculine body each time I see him stretched out before me in all his sleek platinum glory and as I climb into his waiting carriage, clasp my hands around his big wheel, am so very glad he’s mine. Let’s ride!

If you have an automobile, pop the top the next time you finish driving it. Take in the warm rush of a hot engine, behold the masterpiece under the hood. Make sure you know the intricacies of its design along with a few other things that make the whole machine sing and...

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment