keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

flora for all

Fresh flowers are such a joy for me to have in my home. I don’t have a garden and used to receive catalogs with choices of arrangements that could be delivered each month. I relished the thought of a delivery person ringing the bell with blossoms for me on a monthly basis, perished the thought each time I checked the cost. But flora was to be in my future. This past year, flowers have graced my living space almost every week as finding inexpensive bouquets was not that difficult. Bunches of fresh picked mixed wild flowers were just waiting to be had at the farmers market, local grocery stores also kept me in blooms. However their mixed sprays seemed to lack luster. My creative spirit went in search of and found my inner florist who perused the offerings swathed in cellophane, gathered up various harmonious clusters, and happily headed home to work a little magic. My inner critic grew frustrated trying to design appealing arrangements which of course began to suck the joy right out of the buds. The simple less stress solution…select a gorgeous bunch of a single species, go home, choose a vase that accommodates them (my preference is clear glass), clip the ends, drop them into the waiting water, and allow them to simply be. Who better than they to decide how they want to look? In this post are a few selections for you to enjoy until you head out to find some of your own so…

keep your peepers open! ®

BTW - I removed myself from the mailing list of just about every catalog I received…the trees and my mailman sent me some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment