keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 6, 2009

pod cast

I am under the weather. I will spare you the details except to say my hair hurts, that’s how bad it is. And what does it mean exactly to be under the weather? Where did that phrase come from? I just want to be over this. The last few days have been scary. I have no idea what symptom is coming next and what time it will make its debut. I feel like I’m under the spell of a few pods of different germs that opened in my office last Wednesday, formed an alliance and began their invasion. I breathed in that cast of characters that seemed to take over immediately manifesting as a cough. As I dressed that evening for a gala, I was unsteady on my feet as I put on my pretty and coughed. The highlight of the event was walking through a winter wonderland of carved ice that was cheerful, colorful and cold. I was coughing all the way home in the cab. The way I've been feeling, that event seems like a lifetime ago. The last few days truly have felt like the body snatchers invaded me. I've tried to console myself by mumbling that each minute of sweat, chills, insomnia, lost taste buds, nausea, dizzying headaches, and body ache not to be believed is one minute closer to wellness…yeah, right. Whoever has the pod with my healthy body in it needs to bring it back right now!

Yesterday, I sat on my couch unable to attend my own art showcase or take my annual pilgrimage to nowhere in the first snowfall of the season, one of the things I look forward to as the last leaves disappear and the wind chill dips below the freezing point. Though I was terribly disappointed, I do take consolation in the fact that there will be more snow and shows so...

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment