keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

soulful strut

What’s the opposite of writer’s block? I Googled this question and immediately disregarded the obvious reference to business better left in the bathroom. And though I honestly remember using this place as a refuge where I could close the door, lock out the world and feverishly compose short stories before anyone knocked (which is why I always chose the half bath on the first floor) I will answer my own inquiry with this response…maybe it’s fluidity of creative chatter. Whatever it is, it’s what I’ve got this afternoon as my fingers cramp not able to keep pace with the surging ideas, clever lines, thoughtful passages, narrative exchanges and the jumping from one document to another to get it all down. Okay, perhaps a few quieting pictures will soothe the swell so excuse me for just a moment…




…uh, never mind. I hear the birds chirping loudly and persistently outside, feel the need to shut it down and just hum off key. A leisure stroll sans too much stimulation is in order so I think I’ll leave my hat on, the camera and the I Phone by the door and go on a soulfulfulling strut. Excuse me again and until I get back…

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment