keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

affordable luxuries

Catching up on my reading from a cool perch is a very appealing alternative to being out in the sweltering heat. When I was younger, I devoured books. As I got older, finding time to curl up in a corner and escape got wedged in between the many other things I either had to do or wanted to accomplish. Seems like the hands on the clock are moving much faster now; picking up a book and stopping life for a few hours feels like a luxury. However, it’s one that I can afford. I will indulge! Not just in serious reads but in books that make me smile like Olivia and Winnie the Pooh, which much to my delight is coming to the movies this Friday. The dark cool theater is a very appealing alternative to being out in the sweltering heat and another little affordable luxury. And yes, I will indulge!

Keep the child in you alive and while you’re at it…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment