keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

f words

Summer is all about friends, frolic and food set to a spirited soundtrack. More than any other season, summer for me has a groove that heats up as the thermometer rises. It can change depending on my mood, what I’m doing, the company kept or when introduced to tunes that grab me and take hold. A long time Bobby McFerrin fan, several years ago I purchased Beyond Words; I played it so much I thought the grooves would wear off. Though I have my favorites, from first note to last I enjoy every single piece and rotate it often during the fall and winter. Something about each song, the flow of the sequence generates warmth (the art of knowing what should come after the other is a gift that listeners like me so appreciate!) So when I first listened to VOCAbuLarieS, I couldn’t connect with the disjointed snippets provided on the listening station. Only after a close friend, who is as much a music fanatic as I, ranted and raved did I take a second listen and though still not completely sold bought it. I was so not disappointed as it played through once, twice then a third time, cannot say enough or adequately express how deeply each composition heard in its completion resonated with me. The voices and rhythms rising and falling, emoting and quieting, surging then pulling back; I feel fabulously satiated when music affects me emotionally, spiritually, creatively. Want to be touched? Let VOCAbuLarieS speak to you then keep it in rotation all year long; it truly is one for all seasons.

Summer does have its own fantastic sounds…waves crashing, pool yard splashing, sizzling grills, roller coaster thrills, hammocks rocking, boats docking, lots of laughter, exhausted after. Everybody loves the sunshine boasts a Roy Ayers song from a summer past and Rock Creek Park by the Blackbyrds, well that’s a summer anthem for all time. So go turn on some rockin’ music, get festive and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment