keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

angles & curves & art two

...so where were we...oh yes, the island...

We took a short bus ride from our hotel down to the docks at Sorrento. I was glad I caught the first one rolling; it gave me ample time to capture the sights before we boarded the boat that would take us over to Capri...

 this round bright red car immediately caught my eye...


...until I turned around and looked up...


...then around...



...rusted patina metals and colorful jagged rocks angled just so make attractive combinations...





...which I also found when we got to Capri; art happening naturally...bellisimo!...






...down on the dock of Capri...




...and then we caught the funicolare up to the next level of the island...


 


...where to my delight, art was embedded in the walls outside of shops...


 

...and the angles and curves of the buildings against the sky formed architectural artistic designs of their own...





...my eyes didn't know where to look next!...then we boarded a bus to take a steep, winding narrow road with lots of hairpin turns up to Anacapri.. 


...where the beauty of the angle, a curve and art both natural and manmade continued...








...even the cemetery made me pause to take in its picturesque serenity...


...more angles, curves and art to come but up next, FOOD! 
keep your peepers open

No comments:

Post a Comment