keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

murphy's angels

There is a law that says if anything can go wrong, it will. Of course since I’m referencing it, I Googled it and there are web sites devoted to good old Murphy! I thought about him as my day unfolded something like this…

…the car had to be towed because the battery died and AAA couldn’t replace it because the belt needed to be tightened which then unveiled that my vintage car needed parts replaced to the tune of $900 and that was going to take a few days when I would be thousands of miles across the ocean being mesmerized by the Mediterranean meaning that it would have to be kept and AAA could not go back to put in the battery if I was not there to sign the warranty…

(breathe)

…somewhere in the midst of cursing under my breath it dawned on me that my registration had not come back in the mail though I had sent the payment back in September so I called DMV only to discover (long story short) that my license had expired back on my birthday and who knew because I didn’t receive anything telling me it was time to renew I mean really it’s good for seven years and who the heck would remember…they send out a notice for registration, why not licenses though I was told that they do it as a courtesy at times…WHAT…kind of sense does that make and to add insult to injury I had two days before my plates were due to expire but I thought that sticker on my car and on my registration that says 11/17 meant THAT was the date so she tells me I need to get my license renewed and after I do that there would be a computer at the site where I could go online to redo the registration and plate thing…

(breathe)

…well I could have gone the next day, which would have been today to DMV to take care of everything but never put off to tomorrow what you can, well you know the rest so off I went at 3:15PM (taking a few moments to slick my hair down and slap on some gloss because my hair appointment is actually today not yesterday and I knew they would take my picture and I CANNOT go for seven years with a jacked up pic on the license) to get in line, get a number and sit until they called my name which they did at around 4:00 and low and behold the man at the counter said he could take care of everything at the same time, no need to find whatever computer that woman told me about (which I looked for on my way out, it did not exist)...

(breathe)

Murphy has never met my troops, the many angels, goddesses, and spirits who look out for me. Thankfully, the car was parked in my space behind my home when it did not start; I could have been anywhere and the thought of the fan belt possibly breaking last week as I cruised at 60MPH on the Beltway made me cringe. Thankfully, I had not been stopped for any reason over the last month with an expired license. More importantly, what would have happened if I needed to show it at the airport and they noticed? Thankfully, though they were on the verge of getting nasty, I heard each person I had to deal with take a moment to shift into a patient and as helpful as they could be person when they realized I was a tad bit nerve wracked with all that was happening as I was also trying to prepare to leave the country. Thankfully, I followed my own instincts and took a few days off before I go on vacation so that all Murphy’s were quickly turned into Murphette’s (okay, I uttered a few choice words and vented when someone would listen but I managed to keep my cool when dealing with others and took a moment to reflect at every twist along the way to again tell myself just how very fortunate I am).

An artist friend of mine is working on a commission for my office. When I went to look at her progress, within the large canvas was a little spirit looking person that captured my eye. I dubbed this being my goddess of work in wellness motion however, I believe she has seriously been working overtime in harmony with all other beings that take care of fools, babies and those with so much going on that they need to slow down and…

(breathe).

Ciao for now and…

keep your peepers open!®

artwork is part of a larger piece created by kathy beynette

No comments:

Post a Comment