keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

quick change

I moved into my place a little over 11 years ago and though some of the decor has changed, some has not. Every so often, I do switch accessories, update throw rugs, and move artwork, most often in my bed and bath rooms; this past weekend was a so often event. Let me add that when this mood possesses me and I say possess because once it hits I am seriously in tunnel vision, I cannot rest until I know I am done.



This most recent occurrence actually started when I finally decided to hang some of my own collages and photographs in my home several weeks ago. One of the larger photos became the focal point in the bathroom; time to get rid of the dusty dried hydrangea in the vase along with the faded to lighter than when I first put it on the floor when I first moved in green area rug! Two of my goddess collages were to replace Chinese ink paintings of nude silhouettes bought maybe 14 years ago from a street artist in SOHO that had been over my bed for the entire time I've lived here. However, there was one problem. I have three of them and the arrangement that mixed that old one with the two new wasn’t workin’ for me. I turned to the stash of art in hiding places waiting to get back on the wall and it did not disappoint.

Despite the rain and slight chill that was Saturday, I was at the doors of the stores as soon the keys turned in the locks in search of an earthy warm rug for the bath and a light colored linen textured matte to replace a red one on a picture my mother created when she was a student at Howard U over 55 years ago. Within two hours, I was done and done for under $50! Now I must admit that the rug thing gave me a little challenge since my floor space does not work with traditional sized pieces. After a second trip to get the last of the 2' x 3' on sale jute rugs, I truly was done as I placed it next to the next to the last one I got the first time I went to World Market (realized if I turned it the other way, two would be a perfect fit!)

A quick change of linen, some fresh flowers…my quick changes spruced up my place providing it and me with a personal spring renewal but as a sentimental touch, I did indeed keep just a little bit of that dried hydrangea sans the dust!

Change it up around your spot and before and as you do…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment