keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

constrARTion

There was a time when I enjoyed driving. I would hop in my automobile, take to the road, and make a roundtrip from New Jersey to DC in one day with no traffic snarls AND on the same tank of gas. I’ve been in my car quite a bit lately and must say that it no longer is joyful to be behind the wheel. Seems like there are road repairs around every corner no matter what city or town, construction of some sort on every local route and interstate. Who decided that it is a good idea to work on major thoroughfares during rush hour? Creeping along at 5MPH on a 60MPH stretch burns way too much gas not to mention our nerves especially when it turns out that the hold up was a crew filling 200 yards of potholes. I realize huge projects need daylight and lots of time however these little jobs, really? Why can’t they do this at nighttime when millions of cars and their owners are immobile?

After a very frustrating day of detours, inhaling the aroma of La Tar, being lost and disbelief at the pump, there before me was a chance to soothe the burn. Fortunately, I had my camera, hopped out of the car when the opportunity allowed, and seized a moment to capture something concrete from concrete.


Just another reason to always…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment