keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

off time

It’s a long weekend away from the 9 to 5 for many of us. I sometimes wonder what people do with a day off, chuckle when I find out that there are others who choose to use it to clean out that closet we can’t seem to ever get to, tend to things that needed fixing months ago, or tackle whatever it is that has been neglected while we focused on all that requires more immediate attention…like making a living, taking care of family. Through a flurry of hilarious emails, I discovered that my friends are gardening, golfing, gliding along the highways on the back of a motorcycle this weekend despite the warm, humid temperature. The common thread between their words -- it’s great to be outdoors soaking up the beginning of the summer season doing something they love.

Taking a cue from my gal pals, I left the mess created last week as I pulled from the closet who knows how many boxes of shoes in search of sandals, donned some comfy white linen with complimentary silver jewels and headed out, camera in tow. For me, there is nothing more relaxing, gratifying than taking pictures (the perspiration rolled from under my hat as I stood patiently waiting to “get the shots”…sweet!).

Perhaps this Memorial Day weekend, you can let that whatever wait a little longer as you take some off time to do some thing that you enjoy on your day away from the everyday. And if you don’t know what that some thing is, then it’s well past time for you to find out, so go on and as you go…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment