keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

a ho

I happen to be a girl who celebrates the day she came into this world. Today, I have awakened both literally and figuratively in San Antonio, TX as I start the last day of a training I’m attending. During my morning breath, I can’t help but think about ten fearless, funny, resilient women who I have spent an intense, in every sense of the word and more, five days getting to know. We have wept, grieved, laughed with varying degrees of emotion as the hair was let down and we seriously got real, standing in our truths with backbones that we now know with newfound
sureness will not be broken. Our words have become a part of each of our stories, our voices a melody only we will recognize, understand and sing, our tears a sparkling pool that when needed will reflect back the strength we created. Yes, there is work to be done with ourselves, others and more importantly in this world but together we built a foundation that will hold us regardless of any weather ahead and I've got a feeling that all will be well.

And so it is with this new family, or as one of them phrased it, a soul family that I will usher in the first day of my next year of life, take the first steps into my own personal new year. This afternoon as we close the circle one last time, my heart and spirit will feel gratitude, a joyous kind of sadness and fortunately each one of them. I came but because of and with them, I opened, I learned, I grew…what an unexpected gift. Thank you my “a ho” goddesses, à bientôt.

Happy Birthday to all who were born on this day and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment