keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

this moment

Gifts are such a joy to receive particularly when they are mindfully selected to be in sync with where one is on their life journey. I can't count the number of times I've seen The Invitation written by Oriah Mountain Dreamer, skimmed the cover, been struck by the words yet not been compelled to actually buy the book. So when it was in my birthday bag the other day, I knew that this was the moment. I began reading yesterday. Words, sentences, paragraphs captivated me, wrapping themselves around me 'til I felt as if I was in a trance. I barely noticed the movement of the shuttle as it whisked me to and from work, I was that drawn into her phraseology. I truly did lose touch with my surroundings, taking in each thought carefully so that everything read had its own moment to sink in. Another goodie in the bag was a CD by Dean and Dudley Evenson bringing me music to accompany my daily self-Reiki practice as I prepare for Level 2 training. Just like the book, the sounds filling my living room captivated me; I paused to let each note drape itself over my being.

Warm, lush, alluring, soul stirring were my first reactions to both the book and the music...perhaps this moment is right for you too.

keep your peepers open!®

ps - thanks my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment