keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 2, 2012

sheer cheer

The last week of November, with a serious nod to the 30th, disturbed my Zen and no, I don’t fault the full moon because I am one who finds serenity in the luminosity of that circular orb of the night sky. So perhaps it was a hidden desire to shed the nagging itch of agitation that prompted me to perform a small act of kindness before I fell asleep. I do know that when I woke up on the first day of December, I was in good cheer. I welcomed the spirit of joy, allowing it to guide every thought and action of my day. Nothing disturbed my peace as I smiled and spoke kind words to every stranger I encountered, rolled down my window to help a homeless person, gave holiday tips to the women who keep me looking sassy throughout the year. I ran into one of my good friends as we both did a little pampering; her hug felt like my first big gift of the season. Though the day was long, filled with things to do, what kept me energized was the inner glow that came when I realized that my small act of kindness had had a positive impact on someone else’s life, made them and me smile as we easily reconnected, and released me from the long, self-imposed stranglehold of partial forgiveness.

Before I went to bed last night, I brought a little happy, happy, joy, joy to another person I know and not because we needed to make amends but just for the sheer delight of spreading good cheer. What a way to drift off during this most wonderful time of the year or quite frankly, anytime! So open your heart and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment