keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, December 9, 2012

okay, it's time

I was not ready for the holiday music, tinsel and trees that popped up well before the ghosts and goblins disappeared from front lawns. Pumpkins and turkeys all around the country barely had a chance to say goodbye to their season before Christmas showed up a month or so in advance. I won’t say what I think about people having to leave Thanksgiving with their families so others could shop a day earlier than frantic, frenzied Friday when so many lose their sense of dignified behavior. Don't get me wrong, I do love Christmas and I for one have remained mindful of those who continue to struggle with challenges not of their own doing. It feels right, particularly now to give to food drives, an adopted family and other causes that help our fellow human beings, to begin each day grateful to be awake, alive, aware, and able...and in my own bed. 

So my spirits were high yesterday as I selected a lush poinsettia, both creamy white and a marbled scarlet in the same pot, pulled down boxes of ornaments to do a little bit of decorating, hung a wreath of bright red berries on the door above the mat with three Christmas trees on it, spritzed the rooms with a forest of pine, and popped in the music that I do immensely enjoy...in DECEMBER! 

Be mindful of those in need as you indulge in the festivities of such a wondrous time of the year if indeed you do and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment