keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

holiday challenges

At some moment before the end of the year, I am going to sit down and create a piece of artwork with paper or paint or something that forces me to get from behind my computer screen. I have fallen so in love with photography that I don’t remember sitting down to the table at all this past year. I’m almost sure I did at the beginning of 2012, just can’t pin point the date and time right about now. Honestly, I had ever intention of making holiday cards by hand even put a reminder on my calendar. I did design some, had them printed, am very happy with them, just didn’t cut, paste, stroke, draw not one bit of the final product... well not this year (I actually did collage the picture I photographed for the card last December). Come to think of it, when I reminisce about all that occurred over the preceding 11 months and 5 days, such a whirlwind of events, emotions, and evolution come to mind…it’s a wonder I actually pinned myself down and got a card made so let me not be too hard on myself! But I am setting in motion a holiday challenge to produce a piece of artwork to share. Until that happens, I got creative with the same photo of a tree I made from pieces of paper I covered with splats of acrylics back in 1997.

Something’s coming folks…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment