keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, June 16, 2013

fatherhood

Only a dad but he gives his all,
To smooth the way for his children small…
This is the line that for him I pen:
Only a dad, but the best of men.
               - Edgar A. Guest (1916)


I am most fortunate to have known and spent time with two grandfathers and my tall, dark and handsome great-grandpa who each lived long lives with all their wits about them. My Dad who thankfully is healthy, well and retired is thankfully still keeping watch over all that is happening in my life from his home in Florida. I also have a terrific brother-in-law who is just a great Father to my nieces; I’ve had the pleasure of dating men who willingly assumed the role of primary caretaker for their children. Though this choice sometimes made it difficult for them to be an attentive mate, I only have the utmost admiration and respect for men who take responsibility for the children they helped to bring into this world. Finally I have many friends who along with their significant others are raising or have raised fabulous people who I enjoy immensely… both parents and children.

So let me wish the best of men the very best on this Father’s Day and since this type of man is not every male…

keep your peepers open!®


Sadly, I also personally know males who do and have done nothing for their own and am beyond disgusted when I see or read about those who procreate for recreational purposes then deny those who did not ask to be here. Fatherhood is not for boys, man-up is all I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment