keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 11, 2013

hurricanes

Though I know how to rein it in when my thoughts are flying wild all over the place, I am human and being that, sometimes forget. I was reminded of this as I read the words, “do you remember a time when you were distracted by ten thousand things” in the green side bar of a magazine article. Featured on that same page is a poem, a prayer by someone who needed to take a moment; readers were encouraged to write their own piece about what keeps us away from our center. My words followed me from the beach…

expectations self-inflicted, inflicted by others mingle
with soft intermittent angst over the next phase
will I ever conquer the demon that follows me
ever see all that I dream of in the palm of my eyes?
even when I lift myself out of the daily
etchings lace the edges of my escape.
as I sit ocean edge reflecting
the crest and ebb of each wave
release me from quiet worry
allow it to flow out and away.

may the echo of splashing water
wash over me like a baptism at dawn
as I rise grateful.

What keeps you from your inner peace? Write it down, let the words come freely then construct your own prayer or mantra from these thoughts. Let it be what sets you down from the swirl of your own personal hurricane and while you’re landing…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment