keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Q street

No matter what street you turn onto, traffic in DC during rush hour is beyond believable! When I moved back to my hometown, I was so enamored with the ease of moving about via auto or public transportation. That was in 2000, this is 2013 and urban sprawl has taken on a whole other meaning for me. I got so annoyed with the crawl of cars the other day that I had to find a way to calm myself if I wanted to arrive home in one piece.

One of the main issues with the in town DC drive are the traffic lights that do not allow for a continuous flow on MOST streets especially Monday - Friday. No sooner do you start moving than you have to stop again, which quite frankly just adds to the pollution in the air as my hair begins to stand on end. To prevent a minor or mass casualty, I decided to take pictures whenever I was detained at a light…here’s what I captured as I crossed Q Street NW between Connecticut Avenue and 6th Street.






my mother's initials


This distraction became a fun de-stressor that did not distract me from driving responsibly and had me giggling at things I dare not snap! So the next time you find yourself tapping the steering wheel as you see red, turn your attention to what’s on the corner and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment