keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

beyond the gate

Yesterday I woke to gray skies wondering if, due to a looming storm, I should stay put or if I ventured out, would I find myself stuck miles from DC? I started out anyway, driving into and out of a blizzard of snow more than once; with trepidation I kept the car pointed towards the Karme Healing Center in Maryland. I had to get there, something in my head kept whispering, steering me safely to my destination. I hadn't been to the center since last spring and as I passed through its gate, leaving footprints in the snow on the short path to the door, I was at peace at this place of personal and spiritual growth, this house of knowledge and gifts. More would come as the hours beyond the threshold ticked by.


I first set foot on the grounds of Karme when I participated in Healing Pathways, a beautiful eight-session workshop during which I was attuned in Usui Reiki, levels 1 and 2. My time last year took me to places within and outside of myself and while I found answers to questions I didn’t know I had, I was also left in wonder about many others.


Originally, I was to receive level three attunement this past August; I was in bed with a nasty summer flu feeling blue and sad wanting so much to be with fellow spring classmates to attune together with them once again. Though I knew not one person in the room yesterday other than the facilitators, I felt warm, accepted, embraced as I settled into my seat and as the day unfolded, I received clarity and understanding about those unanswered things from last year, which brought me joy and great satisfaction. Infused into my soul, a new energy began its work, swirling itself into knowledge and wisdom gained on other paths, from other moments on my life journey. Without question, I was to be right there at Karme on that day, this month, those seconds, need I even say -- divine order was at work.


The sun beamed as I stepped outdoors into the afternoon air, summoned to share my newly bestowed gifts with others as well as with myself. I walked mindfully…smelling the time, drinking the cool, hearing the crunch of white beneath black boots…feeling elevated, elated, energized and so excited about what was beyond the gate.


keep your peepers open!®

ps...for more information on this program, click on http://www.compmed.umm.edu/pathways/

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful post Tina. To spend the day with you was a gift for me as well. Your ability to capture the beauty and mystery of Karme through your artists eyes and poets heart awakens the artist in me. It is easy to be present in when gazing at the world through your sacred portal. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete