keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, January 12, 2014

sage & time

There is a big difference between giving up and letting go. Giving up means selling yourself short. It means allowing fear and struggle to limit your opportunities and keep you stuck. Letting go means freeing yourself from something that is no longer serving you.

When I looked up who said this, all I found was “unknown” so thank you whoever you are for putting these thoughts forth, they triggered something in me. To give up on another means that they no longer hold your power in their hands, no longer are able to keep you stuck. We tend to hang on too long to people whose reason or season has passed for us, which brings to mind something else I recently read about fate bringing people into our lives. It said that we decide who stays, who we can’t do without and who goes; giving up and letting go of those who no longer serve us is a good thing. To give up on self is not a good thing. Speaking or thinking the words “I give up” is so very defeating, even as I write them this moment, I feel my head dropping. In the face of a challenge, it may be hard to remain optimistic but the next time you arrive at the place of giving up, go ahead and throw your hands up in the air then stop and breathe. Envision what it is you were trying to accomplish as you allow that which is troubling to come clearly into focus. Really see both then hand them over to faith to take on (or in certain instances seek proper counsel for help) while you hold within that all will be well, that a right outcome will unfold.


I know you’ve read or heard all of this before at some time or another as this is not some new advice. However, it will never get old because it is sage wisdom and to me worth hearing every now and again, n'est-ce pas?

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment