keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 6, 2014

billboards

When I completed my MBA, it was my intention to go into advertising. I bubbled with excitement thinking that one day I would see my work in magazines, on billboards and eventually on TV. A career in the ad world was not to happen. On my way to an interview, the PATH train into NYC was in an accident, changing the path of my professional life. There have been so many junctures along the way when something small or dramatic has completely changed my course. When the train derailed that morning so long ago, I now realize, my dreams really did not go with it. All that happened was a shift in how that vision would actualize.

I have been most fortunate over the years giving interviews and writing for a variety of publications; I once had my home profiled in an eight-page spread for a lifestyle magazine. I loved each of these opportunities however, seeing my photographs and a photo credit in print last year was amazing. Today, I am over the moon -- my collage art is featured in Soul Body Connection Magazine, an annual published by Spirituality and Health and I am listed, picture and all, in the front pages as the featured artist!


I am very grateful and yes, tingling with joy that something as personal as my collage creations are now in print for who knows how many to see…this is a billboard moment in my book. Oh, and one of my photos will be in the May/June issue of Spirituality and Health so…

keep your peepers open!®

PS – Check your Barnes and Noble for a copy or click on http://spiritualityhealth.com/shop/products/soul-body-connection-2014 to order.

No comments:

Post a Comment