keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

open house

Earlier this week, I stepped out of my car into some chilly rain sans an umbrella allowing the droplets to wet my face as if to say, “Go away winter weather, you have stayed well beyond your welcome!” Maybe it heard me because the next day, a bright sun coupled with a slight breeze warmed my cheeks, which turned on a light in the storage area of my head. Three connected yet very different art projects are stored in the attic of my brain; bits and pieces of stories rest in closets on the floors below. All are ready to burst forth like the buds of the season now trimming the bare tree branches.

Spring signals a creative revival for me, a time when I want to rejoice on paper in some way or through my lens. For instance, I saw beds of daffodils fluttering in the afternoon air yesterday. I stopped the car, got out to greet them, capture a few on film then hurried home to tool around with the edit buttons in order to create other images.


It is indeed time to throw open the windows, clean out the cobwebs and let my imaginative self shake loose so it can walk through the doors of my expression…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment