keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

constant comforts

Every so often I go to Barnes and Noble, head straight to the magazine section and stand far enough away so I can take a panoramic view of the entire area. It's only from a distance that I can truly appreciate the hundreds of titles available in every genre imaginable. I take time to take them in, allow covers to uncover whether or not I'll pick them out to investigate further. On one of these spontaneous forays, I found Bella Grace a relatively new publication that on touch and sight alone gorgeously inspires. Its pages are filled with content and pictures that stir yet soothe the soul and because of its specialness, I was moved to create a ritual for taking it in.

It was during a recent read that I realized my short getaways are not really about being on or near the water but rather in the water via soaking tubs in the bathrooms preferable claw footed ones. I came to this conclusion as I finished an article written by a woman who has to have a clothesline in the backyard of every home she lives in, a constant that brings such
comfort.

I miss deep tubs from past places I have lived that once filled with water, envelope my body allowing an exodus into the twilight of twinkling candles and silence. Perhaps there is a connection to being in the womb, a desire to go someplace familiar where I can totally escape all that is for just a little while. Maybe there's some link to a past life as none of the tubs in any of my homes had claw feet…to be continued.

I just returned home from a few days away to write uninterrupted. The spirits were on my side; for some reason I booked this trip with tub top of mind several months ago and thankfully my writing flowed beautifully. Before I left, I sent the following note to a few women in my life who are exploring new frontiers or are contemplating other options…

Our best work is still ahead of us, may we blossom brightly as we continue our bloom.

That was the sentiment I wrote to them brought forth by words I had previously penned as a reminder to myself…

A rosebud of a spirit rests within, blooming and growing.
My best work is still ahead of me, the best is indeed yet to come.

Très Bella!

What is your constant comfort? Find that peace if you don’t already know it and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment