keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, March 8, 2015

first glance

I probably say this every March when we spring ahead -- losing an hour of sleep takes a minute before I am able to adjust. This year is no different except last evening, after I sprung the clocks and my watches (of which I have too many) forward, I reclined on my sofa to rewind and noticed a blur of light peering through the curtains. I sprang up knowing; a moon distant in the sky was glowing round and full. Through this seemingly long winter with temperatures and weather that fluctuated erratically, I somehow missed the moon and now there she was before me. Happily, I grabbed the camera, slipped on a pair flip flops, rushed out onto the balcony in my robe to time stamp my first glance of the year. I stood at silent dark o’clock to absorb the rich fullness that, each time I see it no matter when or where, energizes me.

I woke this morning startled to hear church bells ringing in 7:00, an hour that usually finds me up moving about. Startled immediately shifted to a giddy relaxation of smiling contentment. Exhilarated, I snuggled back under covers that like seeing the moon last night bring comfort to my soul and spirit. And then I realized, springing ahead means we're that much closer to spring...now that's an adjustment I am more than ready to take on!


The moon is full, go take a look which will require you to…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment