keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

diversions

I’ve probably said this before but I always reserve the day after Labor Day to stay home and out of the end of summer back to wherever traffic. I got up this year, headed on foot in the opposite direction from the way I normally go when stepping out for my morning walk and found myself lingering in Bartholdi Park, a small oasis in the shadow of the Capitol, before I meandered around the perimeter of the Botanic Garden.












One of the things I do annually is strategically schedule time off when the city around me is crazy after either the summer or extended holiday seasons. I do not relish being in the midst of people who are a bit manic because it’s time to return to the bump and grind, some who are barely focused on the fact that they are behind the wheel. Walking is a nice diversion; I make it a point to choose a route that supports my frame of mind which is one more day of peace.

It’s September, autumn is on the horizon so…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment