keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, August 28, 2016

best laid plans


Earlier this year when I retired from the 9-5 world to pursue my own ventures, I embraced stepping onto a transitional path with a plan for what I was to accomplish by summers end. What is it that they say about plans…

July was a month of making life decisions for others, unexpected travel, trying to understand the value/meaning of other people’s belongings, and hours on the phone, none of which contributed to growing a budding business. When August started, all of that was still in play; I felt like I was making little to no progress with my work but came to realize that in between everything, I have taken the time to go to the movies or get lost in a good book, giving my mind time to escape. I’ve also been doing some very deep thinking. Recently, during one of my quiet moments, a small voice within clearly spoke nine words, “Places to see, people to know, joy to spread” which lifted my spirits; the best is still ahead.

Any period of disruption comes with lessons or messages and this period wanted me to know that transitioning occurs on many levels, not just the ones typed into plans and to do lists. I am thankful to have the time to manage the more difficult situations that popped up since summer tends to bring a bit of down time to the pursuit of new clients. Devouring a good book is a respite often enjoyed in my past; I was reminded of just how much I like a page turner. I even began to feel the need to physically write, pen to paper, once again (more on that in a future post). 

Indeed, the best is coming in many aspects of our lives, we just have to be patient when all is not occurring as we expected. Keep in mind that the path is not always straight and, quite frankly, life has its own plan, so remember to…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment