keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

soul lifted

Recently, I walked past the Botanic Gardens and noted that I wanted to see FLOURISH; I love that word so my curiosity as to how it would be interpreted with botanics was roused. But…there was a slight problem. All of the museums on The Mall open at 10:00AM, a time when the sun is out in full force. One of the reasons I walk very early in the morning, especially during the summer months, is to avoid over exposure to the direct sun rays because of my rosacea. I would never entertain driving to the Gardens since I live less than a mile from there and besides, there is no place to park anyway so overcast days are perfect for me to visit; yesterday the weather deemed it was one of those days. 

Upon arrival, I went straight into the room with the FLOURISH banner hanging over it and didn't find an abundance of images to capture; I decided I would interpret the word through my own selection of visuals found both in and out of that location…










Be thankful for the cloudy days that bring flourishing sunshine to your soul and subtle forces that lift you to places where you can thrive, so… 

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment