keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

good space

Somewhere in the pre-dawn hours, during the moments when one passes from dreams to a more lucid state, I found myself thinking about the special pieces in my home, specifically several African artifacts, carved statues, and masks. I know exactly when and where they found me, the instant connection I had with each when I first saw them. It was still early when I turned on a repeat of an interview with designer Nate Berkus; my pre-dawn memories were just a prelude to this discussion about things that matter, about not following trends when decorating your home, about how what surrounds you should reflect who you are. Good to hear, though that’s how I've always styled each place I've lived.

I have many acquired, gifted and purchased treasures around my living space. However, I must admit that over the years some impulse items have snuck into the mix. Much like I did when I cleaned and purged this past March/April, I will assess everything in every room to determine what needs to go and that means also taking a look at what’s hiding in cabinets; just because we can’t see it doesn’t mean that meaningless, unneeded stuff should be allowed to take up room anywhere in our lives...know what I mean?

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment