keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 5, 2020

social distance care

In the midst of the corona chaos, positive stories really do have an impact on our psyche; a random act of social distance kindness happened to me on a chilly March morning as I headed out to walk.

Just steps away from my front door I was looking one way, started walking in another and FELL!!!! Face down on the concrete drive, it took me a minute to comprehend what had just happened; I was afraid to move, not sure if I could even do so. When I finally raised my head, there across the street was a neighbor who I’ve only seen on his way to work some mornings when I’m out getting my steps in. He called out asking if I was okay, my response, as I carefully and slowly pushed myself into a seated position, “I don’t know, think I’m in shock!” I didn’t move for what seemed like a long time as I assessed my condition. Though both my palms and right knee were stinging, overall, I felt okay and got back up on my feet. My neighbor was still there waiting and once again asked me how I was. I took a few steps, “I’m good,” I shouted and it was only then that he waved and told me to have a great day before going on his way. I finished my walk. 

Once home, scrapes and bruises that needed attention were tended to and I decided to take it easy for the rest of the day. As I relaxed, I thought of the comfort I had felt while I was on the ground knowing that a complete stranger who, in a time when we are forced to practice physical distancing, chose to practice care from afar. I still have no idea who he is, have not seen him again when I’m walking, however I am and will be forever grateful for his kindness. 

In the season when nature is springing back to life, it is tragically sad that so many people are losing theirs. Let us be kind and caring to others and ourselves in whatever ways we can until AND after this is over. Be safe, be well, take good care and...

keep your peepers open!


#sunday #sacredsunday #blogpost #blogging #blogger #photographer #photo #photograph #photography#outdoorphotography #ablossomaday #flattenthecurve #coronavirus #covid19 #pandemic #inspiration #positivity #aparttogether #coronachaos #socialdistancing #togetherathome #hometogether #stayhome #randomactofkindness

No comments:

Post a Comment