keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, April 4, 2010

blooming buds

Cherry blossom time in my town is kinda crazy for those of us who live near the Waterfront. The Tidal Basin is overflowing with folks, dogs, baby strollers, cameras, tripods, and oh my goodness traffic galore even at 6:45AM! The sidewalk around the water is one continuous breathing swarm of awe negotiating a spot to stop and snap or just look; keeping yourself from falling into the drink is a sport unto itself! Almost all of my photos were underwhelming, but honestly I could have cared less this go round. They were taken with a joyous spirit brought on by just being out early on a morning that I must say made me feel privileged to be alive. The stroll around the basin with my best friend, sun rising over the shimmering water was exceptional, just glorious. And despite the chaos, swapping snowflakes for snow blossoms blowing from the trees is a more than marvelous situation that I’ll take any day!

Happy Easter, Happy Passover and wherever you are in the world on this spring day…
keep your peepers open! ®
PS – There are so many other beautiful trees that spring to life in spring, here are just a couple more.

No comments:

Post a Comment