keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

heavy metal

I am traveling this week. Years ago I adapted a less is more attitude when it comes to packing. I decide on a simple color scheme, throw in a few washable pieces that I can mix and match, figure out two pairs of shoes that I can dress up or down, always carry a shawl that works with everything, and never leave home without a pair of flip flops, walking gear, packable hat, and a small bottle of laundry detergent. This is so different than the days of lugging a stuffed bag with so much stuff in it that I could barely close the darn thing and rarely wore most of what was contained inside. Nowadays, I put on every single piece of clothing I carry and feel oh so very satisfied when I get home, unpack my dirty things and toss them in the hamper. That said, there is something a little off when your pocketbook weighs more than your suitcase and the ratio of jewelry pouches to outfits is 7 to 3.

I’m a chicklet who puts on clothes based on what earrings I’m feelin’. How am I to know what I’m going to want to adorn me three days from now? So choices must at my fingertips and I mean lots of them or I could get the shakes! What else can I say except once an addict always an addict. I’ve traded over dosing on fabrics for heavy metal comas (and I had the audacity to buy yet another pair of ornamentations for the ear at my favorite airport haunt while in transit... how many ounce, I mean pouches is that?).

keep your peepers open! ®

No comments:

Post a Comment