keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the shining

After a quick shower on a morning when I could have luxuriated in a leisure one, I am now in a crazed dash to get my “you know what” out the door! Why must I piddle? I wake up and get out of the bed with time to spare almost every day. Then somehow some thing diverts my attention and before I know it, I am completely absorbed in either meaningful or more often than not what feels like meaningless activity. Part of my AM ritual involves a sort of speaking meditation. Today as I pondered over men, dating, etc., I uttered two words -- shining knight -- that stuck in my head and caused me to stop getting ready, jot down some notes and yeah, make me late. A blog in progress, I knew it was going to be a hasty hop through the water.

Women have been known to use the phrase knight in shining armor when describing what I can only say is a fantasy man. I’d been guilty of dropping it in conversation, dropped it when during another meditation I was confronted with a couple of glaring truths. 1) I was not looking for a mate to save or rescue me which is what a knight in shining armor did for the distressed damsel in storybooks from my youth and 2) that metal suit really is quite a heavy outfit for an intended. Those four little words are an expectation that can knock a guy off his horse right onto his “what you know." So I found it interesting that knights shining or otherwise had entered my consciousness once again.

I considered shining knight…to me it says there is a luster about him that has caught my eye…a better start with less demands me thinks. Now shining also means unblemished, faultless, which takes a spell to discover meaning give him time to reveal who he is. Another synonym for shine is have a gift for. Perhaps if we let the dance between them and us move gracefully, the gleam in our eyes will be real not blinded and the gift of the relationship we desire will be bestowed upon us… then he can sweep us up onto his horse and ride off into the night (sorry, I am a sap for fairy tale endings and am sure working on one of my own).

Haste may indeed make waste, so the above is my homage to the art of piddling. A slow roll on occasion and making time for quiescent moments may take you exactly where you want to go and just maybe with whom so…

keep your peepers open! ®

graphic courtesy of Word clip art

No comments:

Post a Comment