keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

hot & bothered

I’m hot and no longer too blind to know that I’m bothered. It’s time, not past time because this is the right time, the right moment. I don’t need the sun, moon and stars to align or for some something to come and knock me down. No more time to ignore the fact that I have been blessed with more creative talent than I ever imagined. With each thing that I try, I see how good I am, how talented. My friends affirm over & over – girl you got something special. The African art dealer said you’ve really got any eye. The photographer said you really know how to get people to relax in front of the camera. Everyone who has ever come to my home takes off their shoes, snuggles into the couch or chair & says you really know how to make a home a warm place to be – I never want to leave. And each time I fax or email another story to someone I trust to critique it they all say you’ve got something. I didn’t believe them. But recently, innocently my giving self had a wonderful morning. I got up, made a delicious egg & crab dish, poured a wine glass of sparkling water, spread a beautiful flower cloth across my bed put on some relaxing sensual jazz and had a picnic for me in bed. Immediately after I jumped up and wrote about my experience emailed it to friends. The response was phenomenal…when is the book coming out. I’m hot with energy & enthusiasm, no longer bothered by the nay-sayers. And I’m ready to write.

I recently unearthed the journal I took to a writing class many Junes ago during the last year I lived in NYC. In it was the passage above exactly as it appeared written in response to the exercise, “write something using one of the following lines":


Ten plus years later looking at the narrative I wrote, I see lines and thoughts I know have appeared in my blog. From that seminar I attended way back when, I now read recorded narratives that clearly were a prelude to The Eclectic Eye. I’ve also discovered other writings written in my past that resonate with me present day, like I was chronicling my future before it unfolded, writing my destiny. Coincidence maybe but I think not which is why I say…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment