keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

creative cool

Stick and stay seems to be the mantra of the day. Turn and stretch the phrase a tad and it becomes if you don’t stay in the cool, you might become a sweaty, sticky mess. I’m none too impressed that June 2010 has now set the record for the hottest June in who knows how long. I’m still mourning the loss of the month that gets me ready for summer temperatures that I expect to rise into the 90’s. As I tromped through all that deep snow just a few short months ago, I predicted we’d get some equally crazy weather when it got warm. So what to do? Short of fleeing the country, all I can do is deal with it.

Never have I moved so quickly from the car to the house, the store, the restaurant, the museum, the anywhere there is cooler air than what is outdoors as I have in than the last seven weeks; it's a game of creative cool and I'm sticking with it. I seek and stay in air conditioned outlets, both old and new, for stretches of time in search of stimulation to wake up my weather whipped body and keep it from walking into some random freezer and closing the door until this too passes!

Actually, it’s been a blast. The first movie of the day, feet propped against the seat fresh popcorn in hand, has always felt like a private screening; new nibbling joints with goodies that surprise my palette and libations concocted with unconventional combinations that so satiate my thirst; rousing dialogue with strangers in odd and familiar places tucking in to wipe their brow and commiserate; same day tickets to who cares what it is raise the curtain on WOW theatre; perusing the shelves of ethnic grocers in search of different ingredients to jazz up old recipes, though I haven’t felt much like cooking; sensuous sounds of music smoothing out the wrinkles in my linen as I recline under a ceiling fan, close my eyes and forget where I am…

and the heat goes on.

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment