keep your peepers open!

keep your peepers open!

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

urban tropics

notes from a summer walk at dawn

lush foliage rushes up to cradle my frame.

birds flit between my legs
their beating wings in sync with the pulse
of my racing heart.

pink and violet pansies giggle in their beds
whispering secrets to my passing feet
as the water plays in the fountain.



enormous green tongues with
multiple purple piercings try to lick me
when a closer inspection of the bush beckons.

the bugs chorus swells in unison,
harmonizing to reach their crescendo.

meandering along the path of urban tropics
the mouth that opens up to scream city noise
is just ahead.

emerge to a perfect orange sphere
in a hazy summer sky perched
on the tip of the horizon
it sits still waiting for me
to cross the boulevard.

 
 
Put your shades on, stay cool and…

keep your peepers open!®

No comments:

Post a Comment